Sunday, December 02, 2007

work beckons once more

I'm halfway through my exams, gearing towards the second half. Strangely, I'm looking forward to the end of it, even though it means returning back to the workplace. It dawned on me that all my life I've been an academic, so to speak, reading, studying, researching, culminating to that very last moment where I throw up everything I know on to the paper just so I can look forward to a well-deserved holiday. And then when that ends, it's back to yet another cycle. With this being potentially my final exams, I really feel like this is the moment my life begins. Work will be my only companion from now on, and its consistency and somewhat predictability will allow me to re-organise my life around it to do the things I truly want. I mean, there are other interests/passions in life I want to pursue but not necessarily workable income-wise, so hopefully once I'm settled into a stable work regime, I have more time to do other stuff which will make me grow in the direction I hope to go.