Sunday, January 15, 2006

age issue

It's been a tiring week, but things have more or less resolved themselves, with no less thanks to the grace of God.

My apprehension at meeting my new sec 1 girls today disappeared as I saw the eagerness in some of their faces. And my two lovely assistant facilitators also played a big part in creating a lively atmosphere as well as controlling the class when some of the girls became too rowdy. It was a pleasant first meeting, and hopefully more of these will soon to come.

For some strange reason, after I awoke from my afternoon nap, I suddenly felt a sensation of old-ness. This is partly due to the fact that my assistant facilitators used to be the very students I taught when they were in sec 2 and 3. And now they have "graduated" from classes and have begun their journey to teach others. Sigh. It's only when your students suddenly starts to co-facilitate with you that this feeling of reaching a certain age sinks in. I know, I know. I'm still extremely young, being only in my 20s. But this is my fifth year teaching, and watching batch after batch of students growing and "graduating" and experiencing the life that I used to undergo does endow upon me a sense of age and hopefully, maturity. But I know I've a lot more to learn in life, and I do hope that my parents and the certain elders in the church (you know who you are ;p) can provide me the sense of direction as well as the support and assurance that I need when the situation calls for it. A prime example - the car accident. Hai.