Tuesday, May 23, 2006

work, interns, food

Midweek. Sorta.

The associates are mad. I suspect they're making us work twice as hard knowing how soon their invaluable cheap help will come to an end. Piles of files just stack themselves up, and endless work gets thrown at us repeatedly, so much so they drive us interns insane, literally. Halfway through the day, we started horsing around, waging war and firing tabs at each other. It eased the growing numbness in our minds, albeit displaying a childish aspect of ourselves. Yep, I must fight against the "staid and boring" image of working adults. ;p

My fellow interns are nuts. Having discovered my blog, they're forever bugging me to blog about the little mundane details of what I do at work. I think they're becoming far crazier now, believing that if they're extreme enough, they earn themselves their one mention of fame on this page, ha. ;p There you go, guys! ;)

One must really try the dim sum place at lau pa sat. It's a newly renovated place which alone occupies at least 8 stall spaces. One of the associates treated the interns to lunch there yesterday. Of particular interest is the ha kao. It's huge, and inside are many many small prawns. When bit into one, the prawns just suddenly spill out (actually it feels more like the ha kao giving birth to a litter of jumping prawns), giving the person eating it a pleasant surprise. At least, that's what happened to me. ;) Too bad, no pictures.

And today, my tongue was fixated on satisfying itself with a dessert of some sort. So after work, I popped down to cedele at level 1 of my office building, with initial plans to just feast my eyes on the cakes. But seeing led to salivating and ended up with me willingly handing money over to the lady in exchange for a slice of chocolate walnut cheesecake. Heh.


Pity it doesn't taste as good as it looks. Perhaps it was the end of the day, which made the cheese slightly sourish. And the cheese wasn't as thick either. I've tried the all-famous hilton american cheesecake, and that was pretty authentic, although it does not look as alluring. Full, rich cheese. :) The oreo cheesecake at the Tea Party along Bukit Timah Road deserves my thumbs-up too.

Sudoku is highly addictive. I chanced upon it while taking breaks in between work. And I realised once I start on a puzzle, I just have to finish it, no matter how long it takes. It's precisely because there's a definite answer at the end of it that pushes me to continue. It's pure mathematical logic, something which I'm all too familiar with. My fellow interns have railed at me for playing and leaving them in the lurch. Haha.