Thursday, September 07, 2006

hello world :)

It takes little to make me happy, and those little things have been satisfied, thank God. :) So I am happy, now. :)

After my afternoon lesson, I hitched a law friend to watch The Devil Wears Prada with me. Haven't watched a movie in ages, and have been wanting to catch this ever since I saw white-haired and absolutely distinguished-looking Meryl Streep appear in the trailers. She IS the show. But disappointingly, it was not as good (nor deep) as my friends have made it out to be. Even the lesson to be gleaned is pretty shallow. Fashion-wise, it's alright, the usual that one normally sees on runways. Being practical me, I suppose the clothes are gawkable, but not something I would wear, nor would my fashion-stupid mind ever be able to put together. I did come out of the show feeling dumpy in my white comfortable cotton blouse and black capris. Haha oh well. Perhaps that's what magazines are designed for - to make one feel less of a person without being drapped in Valentino, or having a Gucci bag perched on that oh-so-delicate shoulder. Which is why I made a decision to stop reading fashion magazines a few years ago.

Am absolutely hooked onto The Chronicles of Narnia now. I know, I know, it's a children's book, but hey, it's a children's C.S. Lewis book, top grade! ;) It's a lost childhood joy. I don't know how he does it, but I don't think I've ever been more compelled to read the next chapter even when schoolwork is screaming at me. It's so amazing that sometimes I wonder which is the real world I'm living in, for my mind is constantly filled with the beautiful images of the land of Narnia...