Thursday, October 05, 2006

pure relaxation

It's been a most relaxing night. :)

Went to Wild Rocket for dinner with my parents. Mentioned it in passing to my mom and she was interested to try it out. So yep off we went. I finally tried the much talked-about laksa linguini and strawberry cheesecake for dessert. I must say the laksa linguini was okay only, but spicy enough for a sweat bead to escape the side of my face. And I must admit, I've NEVER eaten laksa before in my entire life. Never really liked the idea of chinese noodles mixed with malay curry. So tasting laksa was entirely new, wasn't even sure if that's what laksa was supposed to taste like. Oh well. But the strawberry cheesecake was heavenly. The cheese on top was super rich and creamy. Yum. And topping it off was the house pour of Australian white wine. It was really lovely, sweet, with just the right amount of alcohol to give me an adrenaline rush without making me feel sleepy. I feel quite energetic now. :)

This was my starter. Fresh tuna with rocket salad beneath. It's refreshing. :)

There's the laksa linguini. I think it looks better than it tastes, heh.

There's the utmost delicious cheesecake. I especially like the taste of cheese together with the graham biscuit and mushed strawberry beneath.

I guess above all, it's just nice to go out with your parents for dinner once in a while and have a nice chat, even if one member of the family is temporarily missing. I just feel so relaxed right now, a feeling which I had not felt in ages.