Monday, September 25, 2006

distraction is needed

Once again, I have greatly underestimated the power of the law lecturers to heap unto us tons and tons of essays just to make absolute sure that the students know they are drowning.

I KNOW I KNOW! I GET THE POINT!

Sigh.

Sort of completed my short theoretical foundations essay, of which I am eternally grateful to God for helping me. I had a hard time trying to sleep last night, with the words "acts and omissions" constantly swirling in my head. It's the "occupational hazard" for want of a better term. If I'm especially hot on the heels for a particular topic, every breathing moment is connected to it. Initially I had tried conquering the paper on my own (unconsciously), telling myself it will take me no more than a day to do it. But having encountered enormous difficulties, I realised that when it comes to essays, it's best to pray before writing. It works miracles. My mind is less cluttered, more relaxed and focused, and words flow smoothly. Truly the peace that God gives is unsurpassable.

I was so sure that the IP assignment would consist of a simple straightforward hypothetical that one can imagine my horror when I found out it's a research paper with a 4000-word limit. Argh. The last time I did a paper with a similar word limit is in year 1! And I've two of them this semester! Sigh.

Breathe, body, breathe.

Some words just put a smile on your face. :)