Thursday, January 26, 2006

the world looks bright

Finally, there's stability in my life. I've got my modules! Woo hoo!

Never had my modules given me so much distress before. The night before, my entire head was filled with images of modules, albeit in various creative forms my brain could conjure. I remembered just frantically worrying about whether I could get my modules, and imagining the facial expressions that I would have as the results pop out at me on the computer screen. And basically just preparing myself for the absolute worst.

So imagine my utmost delight when the words "Family Law" and "International Corporate Finance" stared straight back at me when I checked my module allocation in school this afternoon. I was literally beaming from ear to ear, and my heart felt this sense of lightness that I haven't felt in ages. Finally, a burden off my chest. Finally, I could get down to serious, proper work and start building my neat stash of notes, as always. The sense of rootedness and belonging never felt so good before. This is tantamout to someone who's been unemployed and finally getting the job he wants! Woo hoo! It's the exact same feeling! Work has never looked more appealing to me. :)

Yeah, God has been good to me. Am really truly grateful to Him for granting me the desires of my heart, even though He didn't have to. Guess it's all part of His plan. Although I'm currently not far-sighted enough to see what His purpose was in delaying my modules as yet, but I know I'll find out soon. Already one good thing came out of it. :) My sister made a surprising statement as I told her about my modules. She said she's been praying about it for me! It's just nice to know that someone cares enough for you to keep you in her prayers. :)