Saturday, April 08, 2006

the day's events

It's going to be a crazy 3 weeks ahead. Today's my last day of rest (although to say that would undermine the stress I'd been through). It's going to be hardcore work from now on.

My infocomm tutor kept us back till one plus today when our lesson was originally scheduled to end at twelve. By the last hour, I was already thinking with my stomach (which clearly means I wasn't thinking anymore). And at the rate he kept pushing us for an answer, I thought the class would never end. There's only so much I can absorb, and the technical aspect of it just killed me. It had been beneficial to stay till the end though; we needed all the help we could get for the exams.

Thereafter, during lunch, I had a most interesting conversation with two of my module mates. A guy and a girl. We were exhausting every view we had about relationships and the future. The guy, in particular, was telling us all about his previous relationships, his views on girls, his views on relationships in general, the types of girls his exes had been... It's always very interesting to hear a guy's perspective, although I do believe that it's because of his non-christian status that he holds such views. I do wonder, though, whether a christian guy's views would differ greatly, and whether it should to begin with. Hm. :) But yes, if we had a choice, we would have talked for ages. It wasn't just confined to bgr issues, I guess. Common gripes about being labelled as law students, the weird law friends we have, gossip about the law people we love to hate... haha. I've never really talked to them on such a level before, but it felt comfortable. :) Oh yes, my guy friend had very candidly told me to my face before that I don't fit the bill of his idea of a typical scgs girl, because I wasn't pretty or demure enough. Haha. The first time I heard it, I was in shock (not because of his opinion - sure, he's entitled to any opinion he wants - but the fact that he actually told me about it); but oh well, I'm too thick-skinned to be bothered by it. Heh.