Tuesday, April 04, 2006

escapism

My life is going to be extremely boring from now on. :( It's going to be hard to rack my brains for interesting things to ponder about, but at least this forces me to make an effort to, instead of simply dwelling in my miserable life. Argh.

I realised I'm slowly developing an escapist mindset, something which is pretty scary. It happens the most acutely when I'm taking my naps, a very fundamental necessity of my life (wonder how I'm going to survive when I start working). Even though I set my alarm for about 45 minutes, I invariably end up overshooting it to about 1 1/2 hour. This is especially so when I'm having such vivid dreams that just seem more enticing than my current reality, that I literally force myself back into my dream world whenever I'm rudely awaken by my alarm. My dreams are intensely real these days. It must be my route to escape from the drudgery. Sigh.