Friday, May 26, 2006

final day, birthday dinner

Today was the long-awaited final day of work. It came sweetly enough. The associates, for some strange reason, decided to back off today and gave us almost negligible work, leaving the day free and lovely for our own activities. I spent the rest of the afternoon clicking photos at my fellow interns and capturing some of our favourite associates too. ;p Took a couple of hilarious videos as well. This is what we get up to when we're extremely bored. ;)

Birthday dinner with parents at greenwood, my maiden trip there. Coq 'n' bull was purely a beef place. And to satisfy my curiosity, I ordered the famous wagyu beef. It was, sadly, not up to my expectations. I guess my standard of a good beef is one which is thick, slightly soft and extremely juicy. Wagyu beef certainly doesn't fulfil any of those descriptions. It was grilled and the meat tasted normal. There were bits of fatty parts which were just soft and mushy, which just isn't something a beef ought to taste like. Oh well. It's a pity it was so expensive too. Nevertheless, the dessert made up for it. I ordered yam flavoured ice-cream at estivo gelateria, which was in the same area. And gosh, the sweet smell of yam coupled with the creamiest texture ever made the taste absolutely tantalising. My mom and I simply exclaimed squeals of delight spontaneously after having just one mouthful. Lovely, lovely. :)

Yep, this is the australian wagyu beef sirloin, medium rare.

Look at the mountainous estivo ice-cream! It tastes even better than it looks. ;p

Mission trip from tomorrow till wednesday. Pray for safety yeah, with flash floods and all, and hopefully an experience worth savouring and remembering will be taken away from this trip.