Thursday, May 25, 2006

life update

The wait is over. The suspense disappears. That, I'm glad.

Results came and went. Was more or less what I expected. Thankful that the paper I screwed up real bad turned out alright (in my opinion), and slightly disappointed that the other two papers which I worked hard for was okay only. Oh well. At least I can rest easy.

Last day of internship tomorrow, and the associates are gearing up on their workload for us. There's seldom a moment's rest.

Had a chance to attend my first EGM ever. It was quick and painless as there was only one resolution to pass. Thereafter, a range of catered food was laid outside the meeting room for the shareholders. It looked absolutely tempting, with mee siam, wanton, shui jing bao, spring rolls, samosas, chicken wings, sandwiches and various puffs just waiting to be devoured. It's a pity it was held in the middle of the morning, around 11am, and not wanting to spoil my appetite for lunch, I only took one sandwich and one shui jing bao. The rest were purely food-candy for my eyes. :p There was this particular old lady who kept coming back and taking platefuls of food. It must've been at least 5 times or more. And each time, it was not merely one or two items, but a whole mountain! For her size, she sure can eat. And probably because the food's free anyway, heh.

I've figured out my invaluable skill - reading road maps. The lawyer who brought me along to the EGM didn't know how to get to the place we were going because it was in the east. So I whipped out his street directory, mapped out a route and directed him while he was driving. We expected ourselves to be late, but because of his superb driving speed and my equally superb reading skills (heh heh), we were there on the dot, in 20 minutes flat. Who says women can't read road maps? ;)