Wednesday, June 14, 2006

far, far away

The flight's tonight, yet it feels strangely surreal. Packing's 90% done, just the toiletries left unpacked which I usually leave till the end. Somehow, I think I'm not mentally prepared. Haven't travelled to a cold country in ages, and neither have I been away for this long either. It's not a first for me, but the last time a similar holiday took place was in primary school, a two-week trip to new zealand with family. But I was too young then, to worry about logistics and sufficient clothing. It's different this time. There are things I need to do on my own. And with my economical packing mindset, having people telling me to pack more is not something I'm used to. Sigh. But I suppose everything about this trip is novel to me anyway. I just need mental preparation.

Back end june.