Wednesday, June 07, 2006

fiction vs truth

The Da Vinci Code appeals to my love for riddles and intense search for complex answers, despite the ludicrity of it. It hasn't shaken my faith because I know what I have experienced and stand fast to what I believe. The draw of the show was tom hank's character's intelligence and his amazing ability to remember and solve all the difficult puzzles. Such characters never cease to astound me, and I hold a deep respect and admiration of such people. Was it blasphemous? Definitely. Was it offensive? Only if you let it be. It wasn't offensive to me, because it's merely another person's opinion (or a warped distortion) of the truth. If he chooses to present it in that manner, that's his tai ji (hokkien for 'business'). As long as I know what is real and true, that's all that matters.

GSS. Shop, shop, shop. I need to exercise self-control. :(

Travel. Hike, hike, hike. Extremely tired, bad blisters, weak ankle-skin. :(