Tuesday, June 06, 2006

camera, room

Shopping of any type is always therapeutic. It keeps your mind off things and creates excitement (as ephemeral as it may be) with new wares.

I just bought a new SD card for my camera from the pc show. Kingston, 1 GB, $34. It's really a steal. But somehow it doesn't seem compatible with my canon ixus II leh. I mean, it works, but in a weird way. When I switch on the camera, it doesn't show previous images. It's only after taking one shot, that I can review that shot as well as the rest. When it's in camera-mode when it's switched on, the screen displays a "memory card error" message and prevents me from taking pictures. It's only after I switch to display-mode and switch back to camera-mode that it can start taking pictures. How weird is that?! And how irritating too. Camera experts out there, save me! :)

The recent room invasion by the workers have left me with deep thoughts as to how I viewed my room. I guess it's my one safe haven where I do my reflections, quiet time and rest; the one place I retreat to when I am upset; the place that holds memories. Guarding it jealously is the least I could do for it. Heh.