Saturday, June 03, 2006

itches, shopping, cakes

Just a few minutes ago, I was like a mad woman, desperately trying to stop the itch of the sandfly bites from killing me. I rubbed and beat my skin repeatedly just so I won't be tempted to rip the skin off me. But thankfully I've been rescued by the all-powerful tiger balm. With a few quick applications on the specific spots, the rapid evaporation of the oily liquid leaves behind a cooling sensation and soothed my irritable skin. :) Oh what joy. The price of missions. Heh.

Spent a nice day shopping with my sc friend today, one of the three who share similar tastes and shopping styles with me. My favourite buy of the day (actually there are only two, heh) was a lovely jacket with material as soft as silk. *happy sigh* I was frantically deciding between a lime-green one or a grey one. It took me a long while and a massive headache because I liked them both so much. I wore each one for a few minutes and blatantly paraded myself in front of the mirror (amid the curious looks) just to see for which colour did my heart pound faster. In the end, I rationalised that as much as I loved the novelty and attention the lime-green one gave me, it doesn't provide the comfort and stability that the grey one showers me with, and more importantly, my heart beat faster for the grey one.

Heh, doesn't this sound familiar in another aspect of our lives? ;p

Coffee Bean has among the best cakes around. I've tried three cakes there so far, and none has failed my expectations. Carrot cake - check. Apple crumble - check. On today's plate, blueberry cheesecake - check. I absolutely dig the melting of the cheese on my tongue. There's nothing quite like a gorgeous tea to end the day.