Sunday, June 11, 2006

soccer, food, girly

It's the World Cup fever again, gripping me (and everyone else) like nobody's business. Stayed up last night to watch the opening match between germany and costa rica. Heh, the first half was exciting enough to entice me till half-time. Thereafter, my eyelids just kept drooping until I had to pick my tired body up and lug it back to bed. :( But it was a good first-half nevertheless.

And today, I had a nice evening out with my sc friends to chijmes. Hog's Breath Cafe, lovely prime ribs. We ordered three main dishes shared amongst us, and each dish was equally tantalising. I had a hard time deciding which one I liked the best, heh.


With Hog's Breath bbq sauce. Yummy. And look at how beautifully the mashed potato swirls! Almost like ice cream!

With avacado and melted cheese. The avacado adds a refreshing cool taste to the prime rib.

A french name which eludes me at this moment. With melted cheese, spicy tomato sauce and the vegetable which (in my opinion) is a cross between green chilli and pickle, haha. Can't remember its name at the moment. But good stuff. Liked the tangy spicyness.

Soonafter, the match between england and paraguay tuned on, and at once, you could literally sense the intensity of everyone's attention on the tv screen, despite it being small and the players looking like ants. But the comraderie of everyone supporting england made it very enjoyable to watch. When the first goal came in the third minute, everyone was shouting and cheering together. :) A very pleasant experience indeed. Loved it. :) But oh well, we only stayed to watch the first half because one of our friends wasn't really into soccer at all. In any case, that was the one and only goal scored in the entire match, so no loss. :)

My sc friends gave me 4 pairs of earrings and a necklace for my birthday present. :) Was supposed to choose a present for myself, but oh well, time wasn't on our side, so they went ahead and picked something for me. When I first saw them, they didn't strike me as something I would wear because they were chunky and ornamental. But having tried them on at home, I realised how lovely they were. So very ethnic and grown-up did I look. :) I guess one's taste can (and should) be changed every once in a while. Parochial attitudes, even in tastes, can hamper one's desire to improve, heh. ;p Can't wait to wear them. Indulge in my girlish ways, even if I don't appear that way often. ;)