Thursday, July 06, 2006

give me air to breathe

Busy, busy, busy. I haven't had a moment to myself ever since I returned from the europe trip. No time to recover from jetlag, launched straight into pupillage applications, intensive catching-up sessions with friends... It's endless. Everyday there always seems to be something to do, somebody to meet, commitments to be responsible for... It's a crazy lifestyle. I so miss the laidback culture back in europe where people simply stroll casually along the streets, and that every 10 metres there's an ice cream parlour, and every 10 persons there's someone ravenously licking up that oh-so-delicious ice cream and genuinely enjoying life instead of worrying about weight... Good food is always a sight to behold, pretty flowers adorn the streets and balconies, and tall strong green trees provide the shade and comfort that all humans need.

Back here, the first thing I encounter is the typical rat race, and then have all sorts of people hounding me for this-and-that, meeting up and whatnot, and sometimes home isn't always the friendliest place either. I'm so worn out that I just need that single day of rest where I can sleep and recuperate, and regain some control over my mental health. I need time for sleep, I need time to read, I need time to reflect. Grant me that precious few.