Sunday, July 30, 2006

go away, stage!

I've been a blubbering idiot on stage, but what's new? ;)

Today's the sunday that our ya promotional plus mission trip videos were screened to the congregation. Darryl was to give a short presentation on our ya group in general, while nicol and I were tasked to give our testimonies on the trip. I literally spent the entire week frantically worrying, not about what to say, but how much of a fool I would make of myself up there. Seriously, speaking in public is my greatest nightmare. I know it sounds absolutely ironic coming from a lawyer-to-be (so says everyone), but it's simply not in my nature to stand up in front of a crowd and say something intelligent so spontaneously. I rather be spared the harsh glares of people intently scrutinising you, even if it's just a warped perception of mine. Anyhow, I think it was quite evident in the 9am service that my voice was trembling. The second time round at the 11am one went much better, as seconds usually do.

Watching the videos bring back such great memories. Sigh.