Monday, July 24, 2006

true elation!

Day one of me-time is a complete success. :)

Spent a day of pure heavenly shopping by myself. First stop, borders. Tried to hunt for Mere Christianity, but even the salesgirl couldn't find it. :( Then the travel section caught my eye, and I was immediately drawn towards it. For some strange reason, I have a recent attraction towards books which stretches my heart and mind beyond tiny singapore. I simply love reading about other countries, their way of life, their culture, their rich history, their lovely architecture... It paints romantic stories of how people live before this age. It allows me to whisk myself away to another world and another era, and transcend this mindless reality of a rat race that I am unfortunately trapped in. Sigh. I caved in and bought two such books. Can't wait, can't wait to read them. :)

Next stop, queensway. Been wanting to get sports wear for a long while. So I indulged. By far my best buy was a pair of running shoes from nike. It not only provides my feet with extreme comfort, it has a pretty exterior and good value for money. I tried on several pairs from various shops, but none to my feet's taste. But the moment my feet sank itself into this particular pair of shoes, I knew this was the one. When your feet and shoes become one in spirit, you know this is the pair your feet wants to marry. I bought it on the spot, and I didn't regret. I don't even have to wonder if I had missed opportunities by committing so early; I just knew this was it. Took it for a test-run in the evening, and it amazingly lives up to its first impression. ;) I was never a believer of good-shoes = good-runs, but I am now. :)

Last stop, kap. I've been craving for digestive biscuits for a while, particularly the sunshine brand. So imagine my elation at having found the treasure of all times when I spotted that familiar box with that oh-so-deliciously-yummy biscuits inside! To add to my happiness was the tag which said "Buy one get one free" (this is so singaporean, ;p). But yep, my tastebuds are having a treat tomorrow morning. Yes!

Now to sink myself into delicious me-time reading. :)