Wednesday, July 19, 2006

this is so cheesy

I've developed a recent love for cheese. It's france, la. You cannot truly appreciate the flavourfulness of cheese until you try the french cheeses. It's absolutely tantalising. I like the hard cheeses for its texture and mild, understated flavour, topping it off with the crunchy rind. I like the soft cheeses for the dual-texture of the hardness of the outer white pencillin and the tenderness of the cheese in between. And don't get me started on blue cheese. I don't know how the french does it, but there's one particular blue cheese which I tried which was so good that I was simply high after eating it. There's a strong pungent smell that goes up your nose and makes you feel like you're floating on air. Inexplicably good.

Ever since I came back, I was just drawn towards the sight of cheese. And I've been buying them too. But somehow the cheeses here can't replicate the taste of the french cheeses. :( Oh well. And I know my dad has been "stealing" my cheese too, as I see them depleting rapidly even when I don't touch them for a few days. Heh, guess he, too, has been bitten by the cheese-bug. But it's nice to have a father-daughter shared interest. ;)

What did I have for dessert? Two types of cheeses - german cambozola (blue cheese), tomato and basil brie (yum!), banana, longans, mango and liquor chocolate. The badminton and netball better be holding me up these few days, heh.