Wednesday, July 12, 2006

make cake

Finally, my one singular day of rest tomorrow. Going out is great and all, but sometimes I just need timeout in my safe haven for me to recollect my thoughts and emotions, and simply let my entire being recuperate. I don't understand how people can ever be energised by more people (read: extroverts). Social gatherings just drain my energy like crazy. If I could, I would want to stay at home for long periods and just have a me-and-my-book day, or a me-and-my-bed day. That would be absolutely lovely... :) And of course, outstanding commitments are just staring into my face, waiting for me to clear them. Sigh, sigh.

I was craving for cheesecake on sunday afternoon, and after watching a hongkong serial on channel 55 about this cooking show, and how this guy made the softest, most delectable cheesecake ever, I could no longer take it and told myself by hook or by crook, I'm gonna get myself some cheesecake. And I ended up making one, haha. ;p My sis was having the exact same craving, so with the help of my mom, we made a frozen fruity blueberry cheesecake. In my opinion, it tastes more like ice cream cake than cheesecake. But in any case, it's very therapeutic to know that something you've made is actually edible. :)


It's quite nice to eat, actually. :) :)