Sunday, July 16, 2006

where's the break

Ever wondered how your life seems to automatically fill up, even when you don't plan anything in advance? Argh. Things just happily crop up. Even before the week has begun, I already know that I've to be out of the house at least once everyday, from tomorrow till next sunday. This is supposed to be my precious hols! :( It's very disgusting, especially when my body is still yelling at me to get some respite from all the commitments I'm juggling. I haven't had a day to myself where I can simply just forget about work and do something I really want, like read, like reflect, like meditate, like daydream..

One of my big projects this week is an upcoming interbank netball tournament, of which my mom has asked me to coach her colleagues. This is massive to me. One, it's been eons since I last played netball (captain's ball not counted); two, my fitness level is in question; three, it's one thing to know the rules, but an entirely different matter to teach them. There are so many aspects of netball to learn. To make these newbies understand the game as well as play together and win is simply too mammoth a task. And I've only 2 sessions to prep them up. Sigh. But at the same time, I'm filled with a sense of joyous excitement at being in touch with netball again. Somehow it just recollects those faint memories of me running on the court, catching and intercepting the ball and passing it to my teammates. Sigh. Just going to give tomorrow's practice into God's hands.

Without question, I need God's strength to get through this week. I'm feeling so tired already.