Tuesday, August 22, 2006

hooked

I'm officially bought over by the whole korean drama craze. I can't stop watching My Name is Kim Sam Soon on YouTube. They are currently showing the series on channel U but I realised I like hearing the original korean words better than the dubbed chinese. Plus, I think the translation on YouTube is more accurate. :) I especially love the theme music, a pulsating kind of rhythm that adds extra comic to the whole situation. The plot is starting to get deeper though, which only serves to draw me in further. Sigh. Did I forget to mention how gorgeous the male lead is? It's guys like him that look better if they don't smile, haha.

Sometimes I think such drama serials become an outlet for people to escape their mundane lives and live vicariously through others'. The more I watch it, the more I feel like I'm not living on this earth, and the heavier I get sucked into the characters' reality. It's quite scary.