Wednesday, August 16, 2006

follow which?

Do not resist what you were created to be...

Crashing the biz-and-finance module had only served to reinforce my love for all things maths-and-money related. I had put that as my first choice but was sadly allocated my reserve choice, a topic which I like too but the motivation to study isn't there (largely due to yet another mumbling foreign lecturer. Don't understand why ALL angmoh lawyers HAVE to mumble! Argh!). Having heard numerous horror stories of how difficult the biz module was, I tried to reassure myself that being given my reserve choice was perhaps a blessing in disguise, but I needed to satisfy within me that it was indeed better. So I sat in the biz module today with the expectation that it was going to be horrible and difficult to comprehend. But stephen phua was just too darn hilarious with his anal-retentiveness for figures and numbers that I just fell in love with the module, all over again. Sigh. I've come to realise that the harder I laugh in a class, the surer I know of enjoying the course, no matter how difficult.

The pertinent problem is, the class is full, and I'm not sure if anyone wants to drop it, although I do hope someone will be scared off by phua's fierce introduction of the module, heh. Another tough consideration is facing competition from the many persons who want to add it too, sigh. Perhaps the most excruciating part is not knowing that I'll get my reserve choice back if I drop it to take this module up. If I strike 4D and bag this module, then good for me! But if I don't, I would really want to retain my reserve choice, but sadly that is not a confirmed. Urgh!

To risk or not to risk?

My heart says, go with love. My head says, don't be stupid.

Sigh.