Sunday, August 06, 2006

weather = hunger?

The weather's been quite the monster recently. Even with the blast of wind blowing at me at neckbreaking speed at arctic temperatures, beads of sweat still find their way trickling down the sides of my face and body. I have thus subjected myself to the imprisonment of the four walls of my house, books and sleep, going out only when necessary. Social life is not necessary, which explains the dearth of meeting up with people these past three weeks, not that I'm complaining though. I genuinely enjoy this kind of lifestyle every single day. Eat, sleep, get a bit of exercise (badminton, jog) and read, read, read. Lovely. Why spend time doing mindless small talk when I can gain so much more by exploring my imagination through books?

Craving for cheese, ice cream, and cheesecake. My stash of cheese is depleting and I've yet to top it up. Can't wait to go choose my cheeses tomorrow. Roquefort and morbier is on my list for now. :) I've been eating so much ice cream recently, but I can't seem to get enough of it. Just the other day, I went with my family to Daily Scoop, which, in my opinion, has the best ice cream, and beats any other outlet I've ever tasted. The taste is so incredibly authentic and rich. The chocolate flavour is to-die-for. :) My sis and I had yet another baking-cheesecake session, this time the recipe was given me by a good friend of mine who highly recommended it. But because we read the recipe wrongly, we put in only one bar of philadelphia cream cheese instead of four, so our cheesecake turned out more to be like pudding instead. :( Nevertheless, it possesses quite an addictive taste, a bit sweet though. Texture was firm and spongy, crust a lovely brown with a slightly-burnt taste. It has somehow got me craving for it, for some strange reason.
miss dairy queen.