Friday, October 13, 2006

books and cheese

To show how transformed from a lazy slug to a hardworking mugger I have become, when I went to the librarian today and asked her how many books I could borrow at a time, imagine my delight when she said as a year 4, I was entitled to 15 books (as compared to 10 for third-yearers) and could hold them for 4 weeks (instead of the usual 2)! I was thrilled beyond words, to be able to borrow so many books and keep them for so long, just for research purposes. Man.

I haven't had cheese for a long time, and am feeling quite deprived. :( Was having a very cheesy conversation with a good friend of mine, and we just went on and on about the various types we liked, where to get, the behaviour of cheeses, complained about the seductive nature of it despite it being expensive and fattening... He sweared by this particular australian cheddar, which he said was basically his staple, and recommended me try some, heh. He said he's gonna bring some next week to let me try before I go and buy. Yay, can't wait. :)