Wednesday, October 11, 2006

presentation "delights"

I'm getting lazier and lazier to blog. Or am I just getting busier and busier with work? Hmm...

Clearing my to-do list one by one. It gives me a sense of satisfaction to tick off my mental list the things I have done, leaving the list shorter and shorter. I'm currently left with 2 big assignments and a series of short journals. Then it's exams. Then it's hols. Then it's happiness. :)

Did my tfocl presentation today. Topic was on complicity and our group focused mainly on the requisite mens rea for the crime of abetment. Before my turn began, I felt the familiar rapid increase in heartbeat, which I'm still sorely lacking control over. But I took deep 10-second breaths in hope of calming myself down. It helped, a bit. When my turn came, I stood up and started rambling off my paper. I admit, I was going a bit fast to hide my nervousness, but I realised once I started speaking, the nervousness stopped. I wasn't trembling anymore. I guess it helped that I knew exactly what I wanted to say and the arguments I was proposing. It was very clear in my head the direction I wanted to take my listeners to. Nevertheless, I couldn't stop the speed I originally began with. My friends who sat in front of me tried to wave me into slowing down; I saw and I tried but I soon gave up because I was just too excited to get the words off my mouth. In any case, most of the year 4s after class came up to us and said it was a good presentation, so that made me happy. :)