Thursday, January 11, 2007

fly away, fly away

The past two days have been less depressing, reason being that I pretended schoolwork doesn't exist and just indulged for the moment. ;) It's really an escapist mindset, but truly, one can only enjoy if one puts aside all other commitments and responsibilities and just LIVE for the moment. It's just so amazing and magical. Truly uplifting. :) I guess I'm trying to console myself that it being the first week of school, I can afford to slack a little before plunging into the deep sea. :( Sigh, reality really sucks. But perhaps reality is there for the reason of making fantasy taste sweeter. ;)

In other news, I finally caught Borat, my second R21 show. Okay, I have to admit, I didn't expect the visual assault to be so violent (male nudity is 100 times worse than female nudity) but like what every write-up said, it was simply hilarious. The way Sacha Baron Cohen made fun of the USA is superb, from New York all the way to California. And I was surprised that the footage was not filmed! Everything seemed to be real and spontaneous, except for the character of Borat. Supremely funny and witty, but need nerves of steel (for the eyes) to take that kind of footage. Gosh.