Saturday, March 17, 2007

fantasia burrino

I teared uncontrollably as I watched the unfolding of fantasia burrino's life on star movies. Truly, her life is an inspiration. In our parochial outlooks, we always tend to think that our lives have been through some impossible shit, and the pains we felt are incomprehensible by anyone. It makes us look inward, indulge in self-pity and puts us in the centre of our world. But if we were to take the effort and peek into other people's lives and see what they are going or have been through, we will be so ashamed of ever thinking that our lives were like a dumpster. fantasia, like all human beings, had made mistakes in her life. She paid dearly for her actions, and has been through immeasurable hurt and betrayal. If she were to give up on her life, no one would actually blame her. But her pain drew her closer to God, and at every step of her path, she relied on Him more and more. She is where she is now because of her utmost faith in Him. After looking at her life, I can no longer honestly say that my life was a wreck. The way God has worked in her life gives me hope that He too can make a good thing out of mine. He has, and I hope He continues to do so.

My friend spoke a powerful statement to me, "God is bigger than your mistakes; God is bigger than your fears." I'll remember this for a long time.