Saturday, March 24, 2007

it's nearing..

Things are coming to an end all too quickly.

It was Law Ball 2007 last night. And despite all the year 4s griping about how expensive it was (it was made free for graduating students in the end) and how unappealing the law pageant contestants were (and still are), we had a swell time. People turned out well-dressed and well-groomed. The guys were dashing, the girls gorgeous. I had just the most amazing time going around the different tables and taking photos with the people whom I once had a connection with, be it in tutorial groups, having taken the same module, or simply shared a word once in our four years. Somehow I think that when one is about to move into a whole different chapter of one's life that one starts to cling on to past bonds more tightly. We're afraid of what the future holds, we don't want to let go of the comfort and security and happiness that the past gave us. I'd never thought I'd say this but, yes, I am happy with the friendships I've made in law. Some more solid than others, but overall, happy. :) I think back fondly on the laughter we shared through the years and last night, I think back of the difficult times my close friends faithfully held my hands through, I think of the deeper conversations I shared with some of them. And I wonder if I will cry at the last day of school, or at the last day of exams. It dawned on me that I have only three weeks left of my entire education. Three weeks. That's not a lot. Inasmuch as work is piling on me, I can't afford to skip classes now, not when there's only precious few left. I must attend all classes and bring my camera and take as many happy pictures as I can in these last few weeks to seal the happy memories forever.