Saturday, October 15, 2005

tired beyond measure

Once again, my limbs are not listening to me. Even though I slept pretty early last night, there's a general cloud of fatigue just overshadowing me. I literally feel the energy being zapped from my bicep-areas.

Ever slept so deeply that whatever you dream becomes so real to you? In the midst of my afternoon nap earlier, I suddenly heard a distinctive soft voice calling out my name, "serena, serena...", and a hand tried to shake me gently to wake me up. I couldn't open my eyes because I was so sleepy, but the voice sounded familiar. "Is that you, yh?" I mumbled. The voice replied, "no." I took a peek at who that person could be and said, "Oh it's you v...". Then I went back to sleep again. But I could feel him taking my arm, and trying to rearrange my sleeping position so that I could be more comfortable.

Just then I heard my handphone beeped. This time I took the effort to open my eyes to answer my phone. And I opened them very slowly, partly because I was really afraid v would be there, by my side and peering down my face. Thankfully he wasn't. It was yet another one of those highly-imaginative moments of my mind, conjuring up reality like Copperfield. Strangely though, my handphone beeping was real. But the quality and strength of the voice I heard earlier was almost exactly like the beeping, so much so that I couldn't distinguish which was real and which wasn't. It was only through my trusty brain telling me that the former could not possibly be true unlike the latter that I could come to a logical conclusion.

Freaky isn't it. This is what being too tired does to you.