Saturday, November 05, 2005

happy aches

Fridays are like the only days I look forward to these days. With such a happening young adult group, who can't help but eagerly await it?! (plus the fact that the rest of the time I'm probably just sitting at home and trying to study. :()

As today was the first week of the month, we decided to take a break from all those heavy bible stuff we've been going through and do something light instead. And yep, we went to play badminton again. :) This time we booked 2 courts for 2 hours, and 9 of us showed up. I managed to rotate enough to pair up with most of the guys when playing doubles. Strangely, I didn't feel like I played my best today. :( Most of my smacks didn't manage to skim the net (always gets caught at the uppermost of the net) and I kept feeding high balls to the other side. Sigh. Oh well. But it was fun nonetheless. daren is seriously quite a good player. He knows exactly where he wants the shuttlecock to be, and can actually hit it right at that spot. His dropshots are also quite powerful. ben has a lot of strength. When he smacks, it's almost impossible to hit it back, even though you can anticipate where his shot is going. james is unusually sharp today. His reaction is so quick that he shoots the shuttlecock back before you can even blink. Coupled with his immense strength, he and ben make quite a formidable team. When I paired with alvin against those 2, we lost 2-15. That was my worst game, haha. The only game I won today was when I paired with daren against ben and theresa. Yeah, it's easier to win when you're not pitted against 2 guys! :P

As usual, after it was over, we headed down to a coffeeshop nearby to have dinner/supper. Conversation was exciting, from talking about theresa's theme party and daren giving absolutely crazy suggestions, to reminiscing about those days of yore without handphones, to crazy forfeits, and usually we return to the theme party ideas. It was hilarious. Mostly from daren, haha. Laugh until my sides ached, laugh until my face muscles ached. :P

My arms ache, but I feel blessed... :)