Sunday, April 16, 2006

waking up from tiredness

I had been suffering from extreme fatigue for the past few days. For the life of me I couldn't understand why because I do my best to keep my regular hours of sleep and even study on a less intensive basis. I figured it out soon after. Yesterday I tried massaging my usual sore points - the areas near the curve from my neck to my shoulder - and I realised how tough my muscles actually were! I don't think I've ever felt them this hard before, especially the one on my right shoulder. I literally had to use brute strength to even make any progress on it. The moment my muscles became slightly soft, it seem to have sparked a chain reaction, leading to a momentarily breakdown of my entire body, which eventually resulted in the fatigue I was in. It was then I realised how truly tired I was, and how much my body was crying out for the sleep it so badly needed. I took a good 2 hour nap this afternoon - a truly deep one, with dreams vividly unfolding in my mind. Applied muscle relaxant cream earlier, plus more self-massaging. I think I'm better equipped now to tackle the next stage.

Thank you God, for pulling me through.