Sunday, August 27, 2006

this is a screwed-up system

I took a gamble and it didn't pay off. So it's back to haunt me again. Like a ghost from the not-so-distant past.

Sigh. I'm experiencing yet another horrific module-encounter. I took the chance, dropped IT II for biz and finance, and put IT II as my second choice just in case, despite knowing full well the risks involved with popular modules such as these. Sadly, my dreams didn't materialise, and I'm left worse off than I had originally began, losing IT II as well. So presently, with 16 credits worth of modules, I'm not particularly amused. I've since past the utterly-upset stage (with the help of friends who so willingly lent a listening ear to my ranting), and can now only hope and pray for a miracle to get me out of this mess (again). Argh.

Ice cream doubles up as a pleasure-inducing and pain-removing dessert. I was so upset that I bought a tub of chocolate fudge brownie ben&jerry's to drown my sorrows in and literally ate out of the tub. The first few scoops alleviated my pain a little, so I kept downing myself until my stomach cried out stop. That was when the queasiness started to set in, and I fully regretted my thoughtless actions. My tongue could not take another taste of chocolate, and the bloatedness of my stomach was killing me. If I could vomit, I would. At least, in a perverse manner, the pain of my tummy helped me forget the pain of my modules temporarily. I don't think I want to see ice cream for at least a week.

Please Lord, help me find a way out of this. I can't take it anymore.