Friday, January 12, 2007

reading writings

There's something about reading your past writings and journal entries that stir in you an inexplicable sense of warmth and well-being. Like you're reconnected to your soul, and being comforted by the fact that the soul you had before is exactly the same soul you have now, only more refined. While change is inevitable and, as they say, the only constant in life, I am somehow rootedly against the idea of change. I've always viewed it (strangely) as an erosion of my being and sometimes if I do detect the ways in which I've changed from the past, my soul mourns for the loss of my identity. It is this fear that forces me to constantly look back at the events in my life to check and see if they've changed me and if so, whether the change is good and worthy of maintenance or bad and needs ridding of. Sigh. It's a heavy task to carry, but oh-so-absolutely necessary. At least to me.