Thursday, August 02, 2007

plans and schedules

I've come to realise that an integral factor of preserving my sanity is planning. Pure planning. When I am so overwhelmed with work and other nitty-gritty responsibilities, the last thing I want is for all these to pile up in my head one after another, steadily gathering momentum and volume as the days speed by, creating a massive ball of uncontrollable tangles which only furthers my stress. By contrast, planning allows me to see my things-to-do in an organised manner, releasing me from my headache and even giving me the opportunity to be somewhat spontaneous in my activities. I can shift my schedule around almost immediately if the event is urgent enough without having to incur extra stress. And in between completing my scheduled work, if I'm lucky, I can sneak in a couple of hours to do some leisure reading, like now. :)

All these I know and have been practising for almost my entire life. But it still never ceases to amaze me how it works every single time. I guess for the past month when I was working, I didn't bother to do much planning, and that consequently caused me to lose myself along with many other things. But having returned to studying and gained a bit of rhythm in my life (after a good two months of haphazardness), I'm finding myself once more. :) And I'm happy and at peace.