Wednesday, September 05, 2007

seeing the world for what it is

The mind of a working adult really changes the way one sees the world. Where in the past I used to take things that come to me so easily for granted, now I see the hard and meticulous work behind every good product. Instead of seeing something at face value for what it's worth, I now find myself asking more questions, trying to find out the process through which it took to arrive at its final stage. It's interesting, you know, to understand the steps taken to reach a certain outcome. You try to digest the logic that lies beneath those steps and gape in wonder at the brains behind it.

A purposeful life is not one that serves an ultimate purpose, although one can take it to mean that way. But no, it is one that demands every step to have a purpose. Every action, every thought, every breath, and even every word uttered must have a purpose. In that sense, we can have many purposes in life especially at different stages, and not all purposes necessarily have to be good. In my view I rather applaud someone who has a bad purpose than someone who has no purpose.