Sunday, October 16, 2005

seen the doctor

Continuation of my day's story. :)

I literally slept the whole afternoon, only waking up intermittently to have a sip of a good hot dose of honey lime which my father made for me. It really helped to reduce the feeling of nausea. By the time I woke up, it was 7+pm, and I felt the urge to go to the toilet again. This time, I managed to let go, but like this morning, it was totally watery. As I told my sister later, I never felt so much water coming out from my ass before (sorry, mind the language).

Under the advice of many of my friends (and a close relative ;p), I decided to go to the doctor, even though I felt better. As it turned out, it was a case of food poisoning. He asked me what I ate yesterday, and I told him nothing raw. Then he asked about the day before. And I recall eating satay and orh-jian (carrot cake with see-hum) with the YA people after our small group at the bukit timah market. But strangely though, I seem to be the only person affected. Oh well, just unlucky I guess. He gave me medication to suppress my nausea, cure my diarrhoea and get rid of the "wind" in my tummy. Hopefully I can recover quickly so that I can get on with my work.

A piece of bread with jam was my only source of energy the entire day.