Tuesday, November 08, 2005

badminton and ice-cream

Just a quick entry. :)

Been playing badminton rather regularly with the guys, james and nicol, and theresa as well. Today we met up at clementi cc instead since there were no available courts at our old hangout. For a change we decided to swop partners, nicol and myself versus james and theresa. Out of 5 matches, we won 4. :) I guess the other two weren't adjusted as quickly as the two of us. But all in the name of fun.

There was one point where the shuttlecock was flying very near me, so in my hesitation, my racket lightly tapped the shuttlecock, but there wasn't enough power to send it hurtling back; instead it continued in its path towards nicol, who was behind. That set had actually ended, but due to his instinctive nature, he promptly whacked the shuttlecock, and guess where it landed - right at my back. Yeap. It didn't really hurt at that moment, but I'm feeling the after-effects of it now. Yeowch!

nicol left early, so the three of us headed down to sunset way's foodcourt for dinner before adjourning to the famous ice cream parlour at sunset way - Daily Scoop. We ordered three flavours - chocolate, mango and lychee martini. All tasted excellent. The chocolate was fantastic with a tinge of real chocolate bitterness, mango tasted like real mango, and the lychee tasted like lychee. Not much alcohol in it though, but nevertheless still yummy-licious. Gosh, we've been eating ice-cream everytime after we play badminton. I doubt that the amount of exercise I do is enough to kill all those calories I'm taking in. :( But who can resist a great sport with great company and great food.

Back to the notes.