Sunday, November 13, 2005

happy times

So many things have happened lately, the biggest of which I've not told anyone yet, because I'm still unsure of it myself. But it's a good thing. :)

Today's the last time we're playing badminton together. theresa's going overseas, and I have to study for my exams, so we played a solid 2-hour badminton game. We resumed our usual pairing of james and myself against nicol and theresa. In the first few games, james and I were leading. But I guess our arm strength failed us towards the end as nicol and theresa finally got the upper hand, and beat us 4 games to 3. :( Oh well, we took it as a parting gift to theresa. ;P I felt that I improved tremendously today, peaking at the 4th and 5th game. To make up for my lack of height, I decided to jump and hit the shuttlecock instead of just standing. And yep, it really helped immensely. I could do more dropshots which I previously couldn't because my arm wasn't long enough. :P My reaction time also increased, resulting in my being able to hit back some of the smashes nicol was giving me. It was a good game overall, just wished I had more arm strength left to beat them. ;P

After our game, our desire for local desserts suddenly arose. We didn't want to settle for the clementi one as the portion of the ice kachang was puny, so we decided to drive to dover market instead. When we arrived, there was no ice kachang stall that was opened! Determined not to dampen our craving, we decided to adjourn to holland v instead, convincing ourselves that surely there must be an ice kachang stall somewhere. After a tumultous time with parking, we discovered again that there was no ice kachang! By now we were ravenous and all ready to give up searching for ice kachang. But good james lifted our spirits by saying that we must not let such setbacks thwart our search and desire for local desserts. That these pursuit of desserts is a must. But just imagine 3 cars going round and round the west area, just to find a place to satisfy our insatiable longing for ice in our mouths. It was madness. :P Finally we settled on going to the farrer court market. And yes, to our utter delight, a local dessert stall was opened! Thus we reaped our rewards...

Happily we tucked in while theresa snapped shots of our satisfied faces. It was a good meal with hilarious conversation, as usual. Sigh, we're sure going to miss these times...