Thursday, November 10, 2005

taking my mind apart

Rewarding myself with a blog entry. :)
Yes yes, snigger all you want, you people with no exams, or are done with them. Sigh.

In a way, having something to look forward to increases your drive to accomplish more work, or in my case, study. This weekend is going to be pretty packed. There's small group on friday evening, theresa's party on saturday night, and 2-hours of badminton on sunday. I'm actually half-considering sunday's event, but figures that having not run for almost, er, 2 weeks?, that I better get some exercise at any rate.

Thus, with so many activities taking place towards the later half of my week, I decided that by hook or by crook, I needed to complete all I can in the shortest amount of time. My usually-wandering brain would force itself to concentrate hard on the words leaping out at me each time I flipped the page. It's pretty intense. Perhaps the only drawback to having activities in the midst of studying is the increased difficulty in concentrating. If my brain gets too tired, it will unconsciously wander off to the nearest event that just occured and reflect on it, which currently happens to be playing badminton, indulging in ice-cream, attending my cousin's birthday party... Sometimes even I am unaware of the daydreaming.

It's a trade-off I suppose. Studying intensively versus difficulty in concentrating. This will probably be the last week I'm going out. My mind is not used to adjusting from play to work so quickly. It's not a multi-tasking brain. My entire brain juice needs to be focused on one thing for that one thing to be done well. When the juice is used for other purposes in between, the capability level drops. I can actually feel myself underperforming, even as I try to rationalise that it's all just in my head. Sigh. So I'm going to go intensive for my final week, tie up loose ends, re-read my notes, everything possible to just keep me going till my next semester, where the whole cycle will repeat itself again.