Thursday, October 19, 2006

the choice

Yet another relaxing thursday. :)

Arranged with some friends to play pool after class, but in the end only three of us went. The rest "pang-seh" us to study. Grr. Especially since they all agreed that thursday was a good time for them. And they didn't even have the courtesy to inform us that they couldn't make it, but waited for me to call them one by one. Sigh. Oh well, but I'm glad for the company of these two friends anyway; it made for more intimate conversation, heh heh. Pool was a great stress-reliever. No fancy shots today (in fact I was a terrible aim today :(), but it was fun anyhow. Headed thereafter to al-azhar for dinner, and even though I ate only two pratas, it was enough to fill me to the brim! I was so bloated I think I walked like a drunkard. ;) But the sharing during dinner was intense and immense, something which I haven't enjoyed for ages. It's so hard to keep up with diplomacy all the time that to let loose and say what you really feel within the comforts of close and trusted friends felt so carthartic. ;)

I'm wary of some of the recurring thoughts I've been experiencing lately. It's a feel-good thought, but it also robs me of my relationship with God if I indulge in it for too long. I don't really know how to handle it, and I can only pray for wisdom to find a balance between the two. Sigh. Honestly speaking, I rather not have the thought than to be away from God. The ephemeral feeling can never replace the permanent stability that God provides.