Sunday, October 29, 2006

thoughts, thoughts

It's been a retrospective weekend. Of lost wishes, of unfulfilled desires, of dreams unrealised. Of my recent metamorphosis, of looking at the world through a different perspective, of looking at people with different shades of colour. Of difficult moral standards, of brazen faces of youth, of immovable mindsets of elders. Of how knowledge affects perception, of how perception is reality, of how one has the power to change reality. Of the balance between pride and humility, of intelligent submission, of reasoned opinions. Of the path my life had taken, of the road my present is going, of the future.

When I think about my life, what had been done in the past, and what the future holds, I can't help but feel that it has been so perfectly orchestrated by God. Nothing is luck, really. God knows every single thing that had happened and had allowed it to happen. It's just such a warm comforting thought to know that even though at that point in time you cry out, "why do I have to go through this?", on hindsight you realised that everything happens for a reason. To quote C.S. Lewis in his third book, "The Horse and His Boy", where the Lion, Aslan, is metaphorically God,

"I was the lion who forced you to join with Aravis. I was the cat who comforted you among the houses of the dead. I was the lion who drove the jackals from you while you slept. I was the lion who gave the Horses the new strength of fear for the last mile so that you should reach King Lune in time. And I was the lion you do not remember who pushed the boat in which you lay, a child near death, so that it came to shore where a man sat, wakeful at midnight, to receive you."

My heart melted when I read this. Thank you for reminding me that You've always been there.