Monday, October 23, 2006

shit happens, thankfully

It's been a horrendous weekend.

So bad was my indigestion that I couldn't pass motion for two whole mornings. Perhaps the fact that I was away in a foreign land (actually, just m'sia, but still) made my body more unaccustomed to passing out toxins from my body. So there I was in m'sia, lying down most of the time, clutching my bloated tummy, and inviting the same questions from everyone who saw me, asking how I was. I was in a terrible state of discomfort. The feeling of wanting to eat but being unable to was killing me. Upon returning to Singapore, I immediately pestered my parents to drop me at the nearest provision shop to stock up on prunes, prune juice and yakult. But when I got home, I finally decided that desperate times call for desperate measures, and popped a pill of laxative. One hour later, pure relief washed over me when I went to the toilet. :) Never had such a putrid smell emitted from the toilet bowl before, which just goes to show how long the shit had been waiting to come out. I'm telling you, the feeling of everything spilling out of me was fantastic (sorry for the grossest of imaginations). ;)

The diarrhoea-tic effect spilled over (no pun intended) till today, and I'm still having watery stools. But at any rate, it's better than having shit stored up in your system.