Saturday, October 21, 2006

sigh, i pray.

I'm filled with an unspeakable burden, a burden so heavy that my heart hurts. There is no such thing as perfection. What you gain in one, you lose in another. That perfect balance is an illusion; an "asymptote". You can only get nearer, but you'll never touch it. The christian life is a neverending struggle, but perhaps it is only through struggles that one gains in a deeper experiential knowledge of God and His ways. You can never really fathom what He has in store for you; life is full of surprises. Don't ever say you'll never do this or never become this, because ultimately God always has a way of proving you wrong. Time and again I'm humbled by His sovereignty and power.

It's a heavy heart I have now, but I'm glad it's heavy. At least I'm struggling.