Thursday, November 09, 2006

"me" time

I indulged in retail therapy after lecture today. It felt wonderful. I haven't had time to tour around shopping malls and look at clothes for ages. As such, I've been wearing the same "rags" to school almost everday for quite some time. They're affectionately termed "rags" la, I don't really mean it because I genuinely do like some of my clothes; it's just that wearing them day in day out can get boring after a while (oh no, is marriage like that?). Anyhow, I finally bought some proper working clothes. Nice, form-fitting ones in fact - a black blazer, matching skirt and a white blouse. Looking forward to buying more collared long-sleeved shirts. I think my taste is changing from comfortable cotton to smart preppy. Sigh, is it a sign of the coming of age?

On a side note, I think the baked dumplings of Pau Dian are delicious! I've been craving for beijing dumplings ever since law relocated to bukit timah and no longer can I buy the famous thursday beijing jiao zi from the business canteen. So perhaps any dumplings would have tasted great in my mouth. But Pau Dian is famous for good food anyhow, shown by the many newspaper clippings they put up, heh. Sigh. I can still savour the taste in my mouth. Darn.