Wednesday, November 08, 2006

a 'serena' moment

I had engaged in yet another 'serena' moment, so said my friend. It happened during mediation class today, when joel was just getting started. Then an unfamiliar figure walked through the door. A girl was turning around "haha-ing" to a friend before confidently walking in, only to realise that she was in the wrong class. And she quickly left in embarrassement. I suppose the class found it amusing, but being typically me, I found it exceptionally amusing so much so that I gave a loud burst of laughter, which resulted in everyone's attention on me. But that's not it. When I realised about 30 pairs of eyes were on me, I felt obliged to explain why I thought it was funny. That she said "haha" confidently to her friend only to end up in the wrong class, yadayada... But the more I rambled, the more puzzled joel's face became, so much so that in the end, I threw my hands in the air in exasperation and said, "argh, never mind." And at that, the whole class burst out laughing. I've no idea why what I said was so funny, but I guess it was, as my friend likes to put it, another classic 'serena' moment. Later he told me that he knew it was coming the moment I started explaining myself. Ah well. It's interesting to know that I can be the class clown just by being myself.