Saturday, November 11, 2006

out of the blue

Just installed IE7 and fiddling about with the new mechanics. Quite interesting. A bit confusing but I think I can get used to it. Plus I've changed my browser skin to Quartz, so it's got a refreshing feel to it with mostly blue background. I've come to realise that constant changes in your life make you happy. It's when you're stuck in a rut that life becomes the most meaningless, and consequently depressing. Which is why retail therapy works. Because when you buy something new, you're introducing a change in your life that you like and look forward to wearing (or using as the case may be). It stops you from dwelling on unhappy or stressful things, albeit momentarily.

I also think that living alone and not being able to cook makes one grow bigger. Because you tend to feel lonely and stock up on junk food that gives you that temporary high rather than eat proper meals. Conversely, when you're with family, you normally consume rice, vegetables and meat, because you know it's your staple diet, and eating it with family connotes some form of stability in your life. Also if you're alone, your mouth moves less (because there's no one to talk to) and the only form of exercise it gets is through eating, so we tend to eat more when we're alone.

See what I can cook up in the midst of stress and loneliness? Sigh.