Friday, January 19, 2007

please give me peace

I'm well and truly stressed. Schoolwork is piling up like nobody's business (partly my fault for choosing research papers, sigh), church commitments, family obligations, social interactions. I'm torn to shreds with all these pulling me in different directions. There is only so much time and energy I have, please spare a thought for me. Sigh, and it's only the second week of school.

I was so stressed earlier that my nap was fitful, with thoughts of the amount of things I have to do hitting my head every few seconds, like a vicious hammer. My heart was crying out to stop the pain in my head. It was then I realised that I had been relying on my own strength to get through the week, and I had forgotten that the almighty God with infinite strength was there for me to call upon whenever I need. So I did. I prayed most earnestly and sincerely for Him to comfort me and grant me strength. No prizes for guessing what happened in the end.