Thursday, May 03, 2007

a milestone reached

The initial exuberance has died down, but the freedom hasn't. :)

Immediately after my last paper yesterday, I was grinning from ear to ear and jumping up and down excitedly, shouting "it's over!" to every person I know, completely exhilatrated not only at the fact that exams are over, but also at the thought that I'm going to graduate and not have to face exams anymore! I suppose it's the same feeling you get when you cross the finishing line after running an arduous marathon (not that I've done so, but I think I can empathise). Friends were whipping out cameras, taking shots with their fellow classmates, group photos with the lecturer and final glimpses of the majestic school buildings. I can recall few moments in my life that I've felt this sad and relieved at the same time. Venturing out of the comfort and security afforded by the education system and jumping into the cauldron of adulthood rankles fears deep within. Excited fears nonetheless.

Spent the whole of yesterday chilling out with my law friends, and even though I was mentally exhausted and physically spent after the paper, I pushed myself to stay out till 12 plus, knowing that there is nary a chance I would be able to get them all at one place after yesterday. Ate at The Vi'lage, played pool at Paradiz Centre (and my girl friend and I thrashed the boys team, yeah!), watched Spiderman 3 at The Cathay (absolutely amazing! sensitive, human, deep and flawless weaving of plots, themes and characters) before ending up at Coscafe at Chijmes. I hit the sack the moment I came home, but it was a happy sack. :)

Now, to savour my freedom slowly and sweetly. :)